Updated redcloth_template plugin for Rails 2.2 and 2.3
I’ve found Markus Koller’s redcloth_template Rails plugin handy for the kind of pages on a site that are almost but not quite fully-fledged CMS material. Textile is a lot easier to read, write, and maintain than handcrafted HTML.
Rails is a rapidly moving target, so it wasn’t a great surprise when an upgrade to Rails 2.2 broke the plugin. I fixed it, though, and I finally got around to publishing those fixes yesterday. It should now work with versions 2.2 and 2.3, although I’ve yet to use it in anger with the latter.
I’ve published my modifications on GitHub and I’ve also fed them back to Markus. I’m writing this post principally to make it easy for others to find a working version.