If you saw this when trying to download iPlayer programmes today:
I’ve released a new version of iplayer-dl and the GUI downloader with a few fixes and enhancements. The principal improvement is the use of a new source for programme information since the BBC discontinued the old metadata URLs. I also took the opportunity of a trip outside the UK to work out how to return a more useful error message in that situation.
There’s been something of a Vim renaissance among the Reevoo developers of late. It was driven initially by necessity: a couple of developers live far away and spend a couple of days a week working from home, but wanted to be able to continue doing pair programming despite the physical distance.
The new version of the iPlayer site went live late last week, and is significantly different from the old version. As a side effect, downloads were broken. However, with the aid of a session trace sent to me by a kind reader, I’ve made the necessary amendments.