I’ve had a productive evening hacking
Here’s a short list of improvements:
- Checks the availability of different versions of the video based on type and date.
- Fetches the ‘Original’ version by preference. (Previously, it would tend to fetch the sign language version. This can be modified in the code if you do want signed videos.)
- Resumes downloading if interrupted and restarted.
- You can now specify just a PID (the eight letter/number code) on the command line instead of the URL, if you prefer.
- Uses the XML metadata service to determine the title and subtitle with greater accuracy.
And, as I promised, here’s a Subversion repository for those of you who want to keep up to date with changes:
svn co http://paulbattley.googlecode.com/svn/iplayer-dl
The latest version will continue to be available via the download link.
There’s an update here.