I went to see the new Star Wars film yesterday, Attack of the Clones. I don’t think that the web needs yet another review, so I’ll just give my impressions of it in brief.
- Lots of action and explosions
- Some tense moments
- Computer-generated characters much better than in Episode I
- Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) except for one poorly-delivered line at the start of the film
- Light sabers. Lots of them!
- Natalie Portman
- Less Jar-Jar than Episode I
- Anakin—he’s an arrogant &$%^
- The ’love’ scenes (they’re unbelievable)
- Less Jar-Jar is not as good as no Jar-Jar
- Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) was underused
Overall, I enjoyed it, and definitely preferred it to Episode I. It has flaws, but it is nonetheless exciting and entertaining. I didn’t go to the cinema expecting highbrow art, just a good action romp. I certainly wasn’t disappointed in that respect.