The dynamically generated version of the site is up and running. I’d crack open the champagne if I actually had any. Now, however, it’s time to get back to more prosaic things. I’m hungry, which means it’s time to cook some dinner.
I’ve got hosting, but it’s going to take a while (24-48 hours) for the DNS settings to be updated and to propagate across the net. Until that takes effect, I can’t execute CGI programs, so I can’t get the dynamic content generation working until then.
I finally decided on a back end format for this site, and set about implementing it. As I don’t need concurrent updating or anything like that, I’ve decided not to use a database. This is a lightweight site builder.